- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
1. Never shop when you are hungry.
2. Make a shopping list and don't deviate from it.
3. Don't shop with your children whenever possible.
4. Shop the perimeter of the store. This is where you will find produce, meat, fish, and the frozen food isle.
5. Spend a lot of time in the produce department. Remember the darker the fruit/vegetable the higher the nutrient value.
6. In the meat department, look for organic, grass fed, antibiotic free, and skinless.
7. In the fish department, look for wild caught. If it doesn't say, ask. Do not buy farm raised fish. Farm raised fish are no longer high in the important omega 3 fatty acids. Instead they are high in omega 6 fatty acids. The same as red meat.
8. In the dairy department, look for organic, antibiotic free, and hormone free. Buy plain yogurt. Instead of milk, try soy milk, almond milk, and rice milk. Look for low sodium cheeses. I do not advocate fat free products. They are usually loaded with other fillers. Buy butter, not margarine (a petroleum product).
9. In the frozen department, look for frozen fruits without added sweeteners.
10. Don't buy fruit "juice". Most are high in sugar.
11. When you buy prepared or packaged foods, they are more expensive and full of added sugar, fat, and salt.
12. Remember, if it is a food your grandmother wouldn't recognize don't buy (eat) it.
13. Read ingredient labels. If you can't pronounce the ingredients, it's probably best to avoid that product.
|Monday||7:15 - 12:00||2:00 - 6:15|
|Tuesday||9:00 - 12:00||2:00 - 5:00|
|Wednesday||7:15 - 12:00||2:00 - 6:15|
|Thursday||7:15 - 12:00||2:00 - 6:15|
|Friday||6:30 - 12:00||2:00 - 5:00|
|Saturday||8:30 - 12:00||Closed|
|7:15 - 12:00||9:00 - 12:00||7:15 - 12:00||7:15 - 12:00||6:30 - 12:00||8:30 - 12:00||Closed|
|2:00 - 6:15||2:00 - 5:00||2:00 - 6:15||2:00 - 6:15||2:00 - 5:00||Closed||Closed|